Thursday, March 09, 2006

Pal-Meri or "Trollin' on the Blog Sites"

I had on oldies radio today in the car and they played the old Creedence Clearwater Revival Song "Proud Mary" ("Rollin' on the River"). I spent the ride home composing some lyrics for a 21st century version of the song, "Pal-Meri" ("Trollin' on the Blog Sites"). You can find the original Creedence tune here, while some prefer Ike and Tina's classic cover. Here are the new lyrics:

I wrecked a blog site in the city
Trollin’ for THE MAN every night and day
And I never had one minute of sleeping
I was worrying ’bout the way blogs might have been

Troll weasels keep on burning
Pal-meri keeps on learning
And we’re trolling, trolling yeah
Trolling on the blog sites

Preached a lot of hate on websites
Typed a lot of pain down on News Oshkosh
But I never saw the good side of a blog site
Till I wrecked a thread on the one called Babbleme

Troll weasels keep on burning
Pal-meri keeps on learning
And we’re trolling, trolling yeah
Trolling on the blog sites

If you log on to the blog sites
I bet you gonna find some losers who troll
You don’t have to worry if you got no patience
Losers on the blog sites are happy alone

Troll weasels keep on burning
Pal-meri keeps on learning
And we’re trolling, trolling yeah
Trolling on the blog sites

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, we're speechless...
So you're on the road, you're supposed to be paying attention to your driving, but no. And you've got your radio cranked so loud the vibration is making the furry dice hanging off your mirror look like they're possessed by Satan, you're scribbling furiously on the first scrap of used kleenex you can find, laughing gleefully at your own sad self and the astronomical levels of lameness that you are reaching with nary a mushroom in sight and probably HOPING for red lights so you can finish before inpsiration leaves you. Would that be about right?

We'll all have to sing this at our next Blog Reunion/Star Trek/Duct Tape/Anime Con and Fun-with-Calculus Meet-up & Poetry Slam. I'll bring my accordian and a tray of bars.

I'll tell ya, it's good to finally be with my own kind.

Ron said...

That's funny, Tony!

Unfortunately I won't be able to listen to the original song anymore without my brain inserting your new lyrics... Thanks for that.

Can you next turn "the Lonesome Looser" into the "Lonesome Troller"?

"He's a looser but he still keeps on tryin'"

tony palmeri said...

Jody,

You describe the scene perfectly, except I didn't actually write anything down in the car. I put the vehicle in the garage and immediately ran to the computer to get some words down before I forgot them. Now THAT's pathetic.

And Ron, the possibility for troll dedications are endless. Maybe we can find an inexpensive DJ somewhere to actually mix the tunes for us. We would have finally found our true purpose in life: producing troll satires.