Saturday, July 08, 2006

Contact Information For Referendum Drives

The summer of 2006 is shaping up to be an active petition gathering season for Oshkosh area activists. Candidates for partisan office must have their signatures in to the State Elections Board by early next week. More significant are two referendum drives.

The first referendum drive is another attempt to provide Oshkosh voters with an opportunity to take a stand on the Iraq war: "Resolved: The United States should immediately withdraw from Iraq, beginning with the National Guard and Reserves." If you have interest in helping to collect signatures for this referendum, or want to sign it, contact Tina Haffeman (thaffeman@tds.net), Jenni Ryan (jenniryan@hotmail.com) or me (tony@tonypalmeri.com).

The second referendum is an attempt to make sure that the $10 a month garbage fee ends up in the waste dump of history after December of this year. The "Resolution to Establish Fee for Collection of Solid Waste and Recyclables" says: Now, therefore, be it resolved, that a fee of ZERO DOLLARS per month per residential unit for collection by the city of Oshkosh of solid waste and recyclables is hereby established.

Be it further resolved, that said fee shall be in full force an effect starting January 1, 2007.

To help collect signatures or sign the petition, contact Carl Sosnoski (235-7263) or me (tony@tonypalmeri.com).

2 comments:

Stewie said...

My roommate and I are wondering what the standards for censorship are on this blog. I have been reading this blog for a long time and I know you had trouble with comments. But my roommate (bottomdog) made some joke about me pissing off the women on the blog and that I need a new picture or something and he says it never made it on. I realize it was seriously off topic, but bottomdog never is on topic.
We think it's good you are doing the petitions and are staying with the troop withdrawal thing, also appreciated the mention you made of the Palestinian wall which is similar we think to the Tortilla curtain (stupid name) that Sensenbrenner is responsible for in a huge way.
People in Wisconsin vote that guy into office and it has affect on people's lives none of us are ever going to even get near, we should know what is going on and what our state leaders are responsible for.

Some of the people here bleeding about Katrina victims aren't so upset about the way immigrants are also suffering. And while you hear about the Bush crew using fear to jerk people on Iraq, there is not so much about the fear being used to generate hate toward immigrants.
I will be trying to get more stuff about that on my blog when I can but it's new and there's no t that much there yet. But we are wondering about the comment thing, we don't think we've been that bad. I might not seem so serious on my blog all the time but there is an underlying message and I think peopel should be able to see that.

tony palmeri said...

Well, one standard is that the comments should have at least SOMETHING to do with the original post. I realize that roomates often like to entertain each other, but I would prefer that you do that on your blog rather than mine. --Tony