Sunday, February 03, 2008

Giants Do It!!!

In what has to be one of the greatest pro sports upsets in history, the New York Giants beat the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl tonight. As everyone knows, New England came into the game 18-0 and the Giants were supposed to be the "sacrificial lamb" from the NFC. Tonight's win goes to prove the old saying, "That's why they play the games."

I've been a Giants fan my entire life, and was shocked that they made the playoffs this year let alone win the Super Bowl. Friends had been telling me for the last two weeks that there was no way we could beat New England, and I kept saying . . . Yes, We Can! (You knew that was coming.).

3 comments:

Justin Mitchell said...

Too bad all your money was on the Patriots.. or was that last season... I'll have to check the old board.

Mike Norton said...

I HOPE YOU STILL HAVE THAT GIANTS SHIRT I BOUGHT OR YOU A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO.

MIKE NORTON--HOPE TO SEE AT THE CANDIDATE FORUM ON MONDAY

tony palmeri said...

Justin,

No, that was the Cowboys. I said they would win it all when Bill Parcells was their coach because he had won with the GIANTS.

Still have the shirt Mike, thanks.