Saturday, June 10, 2006

Victory for animal rights as Ralph Lauren shuns fur


The London Independent tells the story here. According to PETA, Ralph Lauren apparently made the decision to eliminate fur after viewing this shocking video from inside a Chinese fur factory (warning: the video is extremely disturbing).

President Bush's former speechwriter Matthew Scully has become a leading advocate of ethical treatment for animals, which he calls genuine compassionate conservatism. My Radio Commentary interview with Scully can be found here.

2 comments:

tony palmeri said...

You mean you don't believe a self-serving press release from PETA? What are you a journalist or something? ;-)

Ron said...

That video is disgusting - I couldn't watch it. I think I want to vomit. Thanks - I think I need to go look at pictures of cute fluffy animals now until I shake the incredible nausea.

PETA should stand for PGross EGross TGross AGross.