Thursday, March 27, 2008

How I spent my spring break

UW Oshkosh has been on spring break this week. Here are some of my highlights from the week:

*Monday: Two hour meeting of the Oshkosh Housing Authority, which included a tour of a remodeled apartment in Marian Manor.
*Tuesday: A four hour meeting of the Common Council, which included an extensive discussion of urban deer issues.
*Wednesday: A three hour informational meeting at City Hall on the topic of turning the Westhaven golf course into a wetland. By my count, Department of Public Works representatives at the meeting responded to over 60 citizen questions. There is still time to ask more questions and make more comments before this matter comes to the Common Council. Send written questions/comments to:

City of Oshkosh - Department of Public Works
215 Church Ave.
P.O. Box 1130
Oshkosh, WI 54903
Attn: James Rabe

Mr. Rabe is a civil engineer for the city. His department can be reached at 920-236-5065, fax #920-236-5068.

Director of Public Works David Patek can be reached via email at dpatek@ci.oshkosh.wi.us

Hey, I'm not complaining about the first half of spring break being meeting heavy. Tonight I get to see the Blue Man Group at the Resch Center in Green Bay, and this weekend I'm excited to have the opportunity to hang out with some Green Party friends from around the state.

2 comments:

Joshua M. Cowles said...

Hope you enjoyed BMG. I am feeling particularly disappointed that I never got around to buying tickets for myself.

Unknown said...

I hope BMG was fun, as well as hanging with Green Party friends! Of course, I'm sure there will be some fool who'll call babbling about "Deer Gone"...yada, yada.:)))
Anyone seeing how many hours you spent on meetings should be convinced a raise is in order--these meetings should not be considered "volunteer work" or as Bill Freuh was quoted as saying "part of your civic duty."