Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Barack: It's the Golden Rule, Stupid

From Barack Obama's speech on race in America, delivered in Philadelphia today:
In the end, then, what is called for is nothing more, and nothing less, than what all the world’s great religions demand – that we do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Let us be our brother’s keeper, Scripture tells us. Let us be our sister’s keeper. Let us find that common stake we all have in one another, and let our politics reflect that spirit as well.

4 comments:

Working To Make A Living said...

Personally I think his pastor was right on the money, besides who cares what Obama's pastor thinks, he's not running for pres. Although i do wish a president could be that candid, but alas, we the American people prefer things "nice", rather than honest.

Teresa Thiel said...

Matthew 7:12
"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

Unknown said...

This clip is priceless, without a doubt. If only the candidates would "stop" and "think," and all of us would do the same, what a great world it would be. And yes, I know...."dream one."

Steve Barney said...

"I find that I
undoubtedly seem to perceive, as clearly and certainly as I see
any axiom in Arithmetic or Geometry, that it is ' right ' and '
reasonable ' for me to treat others as I should think that I
myself ought to be treated under similar conditions, and to do
what I believe to be ultimately conducive to universal Good or
Happiness."
--_The Methods of Ethics_
By Henry Sidgwick
http://books.google.com/books?id=9jlwqLdfQi8C&printsec=frontcover&rview=1#PPA505,M1