Monday, February 20, 2006

Palmeri's 4 Under 40

(Palmeri realizes that speaking in the third person forces the loss of respect of at least one internet troll. Somehow Palmeri thinks he can handle that loss. In fact he wishes all trolls to know that he wants neither their respect nor their attention to this site, and wishes that they would just go away and do whatever it is trolls do when they are not making asses of themselves on other peoples' websites.).

Anyway, this year's "4 Under 40" include UW Oshkosh Education instructor Courtney Bauder, teen activist Angel Aiken (who has posted a few times on this blog), Winnebago County Supervisor Ben Farrell, and working mom Mandy Mitchell. Here 'tis:
http://www.tonypalmeri.com/pfuf06.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really good you included Angel A. It's easy to see even from a distance that she is deserving praise for her curiousity and strength. Very, very few people her age (or mine)show the least bit of interest in what is going on at city hall.

If I can say something to her that has been on my mind -
Angel you probably see critics here make remarks that "we", meaning people who often agree with Tony, are mindless followers. Nothing could be further from the truth. Hopefully you can tell that. Sometimes you just find people who think a lot like you and you want to hang out with them and support them. Simple stuff.

In many ways these critics send some pretty strongly destructive messages - that blind following is expected here is one of them for sure.

So, as you go through life making independent decisions and exercizing your critical thinking skills if you decide everyone here is full of rodent droppings and that you have to go completely Neo-con, well then, you just do that.
(Ack! what did I just say?!)

AngelAiken AKA Thee U.M.O.G said...

"Angel you probably see critics here make remarks that "we", meaning people who often agree with Tony, are mindless followers. Nothing could be further from the truth. Hopefully you can tell that."

Yes, I can Jody and I am (again) very suprised and honored to be named.
I would have never thought in 2003 when I tried to kill myself that two years later this would be happening. (long story short: first major boyfriend/abuser gets to my head and I go essentially nuts) I have come such a long way since then and I am very proud of myself.
Thank you Tony!
Angel