Friday, December 23, 2005

On Vacation Until December 30th

I'm taking a fews days off for Christmas; taking a train to NYC in fact. There will be no updates to this blog or to TonyPalmeri.Com until the 30th. Some upcoming stuff:

  • On the evening of December 30th, I will be co-hosting "Wild Eyed Radio" with Bob Knudsen on WRST 90.3 FM. We'll be doing a 2005 "Year in Review" kind of deal. Be sure to check out some of catchy Radio Comnentary interviews we've done in the last few months.
  • My next Media Rant column will be Part I of the Top Ten Censored Stories in Northeast Wisconsin in 2005. Look for it in the January Valley Scene. I'll probably post it on TonyPalmeri.Com around New Year's Eve. Previous censored columns can be found here, here, here, here, here, and here. Just as a little teaser, I can say that one of the censored stories of 2003 actually resurfaces on the 2005 list, albeit it in a slightly different form.
  • For those of you in Oshkosh who have cable television, be sure to check out the next two weeks worth of Eye on Oshkosh with Cheryl Hentz and I. Starting next Monday at 7 p.m. (and again on Thursday at 1 p.m. and Saturday at 6 p.m.), we have a very thorough interview with Common Councilors Bryan Bain and Meredith Scheuermann. Be sure to tell Bryan what you think about the Troop Withdrawal Referendum on the Bain Blog. Then beginning on the following Monday we interview Dan and Amy Doty from the Oshkosh based rock band Road Trip. We talk about life in the local music scene, the history of the band, and a bunch of other things including Amy's new children's CD called Murry Tracks.
  • I've received quite a bit of email in the last few months from readers asking if I will be doing a "Ten Worst Northeast Wisconsin Corporations of the Year" for 2005. I would like to do one, and [sadly] there are more than enough corporations to choose from, but I will be teaching a class in early January and I simply may not have enough time this year to do it. I'd say there's a 50-50 shot at this point. If you'd like to nominate a bad corporation, email me or simply post it in this blog. Previous worst of columns can be found here, here, here, and here.
Here's wishing a Joyful Holiday Season filled with Peace and Love for all! --Tony

4 comments:

Mike Norton said...

Hello there all. I am writing this to solicit anyone to run for or help find someone for the 5 open seats for Winnebago County Board especially the two with in the city of Oshkosh.

I am not starting this to have a discussion on how big the board should be or how the county board has done the last year or two. Simply to find able minded people to serve on the County Board.

Simply someone trying to find candidates to at least have 50 people in the district decide than the a chairman from outside the district.
The open seats are for those people who vote at Shapiro school and
those who vote at the fire station on Snell Road. The two in the Neenah are the central part of Neenah those who vote a Neenah Fire Station and/or at Wilson School.
If anyone needs more info about the County Board feel free to contact me - my number is 920-426-1051 and email is mjn304@hotmail.com.

Anonymous said...

You should be back soon, and as public school teachers are fond of saying "I expect you are well-rested from your vacation and are ready to work". And, as good (or tolerable) teachers are always clear with their expectations, so shall I be.

Let's keep these neutral, PA-type posts to a minimum, hmmmm? Oh they're edifying and all that, and they prove your life is waaay more interesting than mine. But Tony Baby! We want inflammatory posts!
All 345,682 Anonymous Oshkosh Blog Commenters have been bottled up for a week now and they look to you for release. The public is Fomenting I tell you! Fomenting!

I don't know what fomenting really means, but by God, they're doing it and it's getting messy.
Get back in that saddle and stir up the populace.
(Yes, this will be graded)

BTW - Welcome Back.

Anonymous said...

Ew....
I looked up "fomentation" and it's some kind of skin treatment.
Gross.

tony palmeri said...

Inflammatory? Me? C'mon. --Tony