Sunday, May 13, 2007

Keep Doug Boone in Your Thoughts

Oshkosh resident Doug Boone, a tireless peace activist who singlehandedly collected thousands of signatures against the Iraq war, sits in a coma tonight at Mercy Medical Center. According to Doug's partner Jane Spietz, Doug went into the coma shortly after coming through surgery for a disc problem. Jane has been calling all of Doug's friends and acquaintances and is asking all of us to spread the word.

In addition to working to end the Iraq War, Doug has long been a champion of workers' rights, the environment, voting rights, and many others. He has been a great help to many political candidates, including my own race for Common Council.

It's difficult to imagine the Fox Valley activist community without Doug Boone. Please keep him in your thoughts.

3 comments:

the who? said...

I'm shocked that no one commented.

I'm shocked period over the whole deal...Is it only me thinking this way?

tony palmeri said...

Some events simply leave people speechless. Doug's passing is one of those events.

the who? said...

My life as an activist was,in short, ripped from me. I've been too chicken to go back. Too chicken to speak at all, too chicken to apologize ...and now it kills me that it's too late for any of that with him(Doug).