Thursday, December 07, 2006

Palmeri For Oshkosh

As noted this morning on Babblemur's blog, I have decided to seek election to the Oshkosh Common Council. As a full-time associate professor of communication at UW Oshkosh, I do not plan to make a formal announcement or do much campaigning before submitting final fall semester grades later this month.

I'm running because our city needs a voice for open and accountable government, quality services delivered cost effectively, and strong neighborhoods. In my 17 years as a resident of Oshkosh, I've never seen local government in as much disarray as is currently the case. In the last two election cycles citizens thought they were voting for fiscal responsibility and leadership, but got garbage fees, buck passing, and blatant open meetings law violations instead.

We can and must do better.

If you would like to help circulate nomination papers, email me at tony@tonypalmeri.com.

No comments: